Never gets any easier, does it?
We have a table, we have a guest, and there are often spilled coffee or tea on a wooden table. There are prints from mugs or glasses.
How to remove heat stain from wood?
- Clean the wood with a heat mark. Use a slightly wet sponge or a damp cloth
- Mix soda with toothpaste 1 to 1. And you can mix soda with water 2 to 1 and use a napkin to apply it to the stain
- Apply Mix on the heat mark. Wait 10 minutes until it soaks
- Clean it out. Carefully remove the excess paste with a damp sponge
We have Top methods for you
Removing stains from wood with an iron
Usually, if you spill something hot on a wooden table, a white spot will appear in this place. This is because of temperature exposure. It is not the wood itself that is damaged, but only the polish.
To remove such a kind a heat stain, take a gauze, towel or a t-shirt.
Drain all liquid from the iron. Turn it on to the lowest temperature and iron the spot through the fabric.
Removing stains from wood with toothpaste
You can try to remove the stain with a toothpaste. But you have to use the ordinary toothpaste, not a gel.
Squeeze a little bit of toothpaste on your finger and apply it to the stain. After that, simply wipe the table with a damp cloth. Repeat if it will be necessary.
Removing wood stains with a hairdryer
You can remove the stain with a simple hairdryer. Turn on the hairdryer at full power and direct it at the spot. Keep the hairdryer over the spot for a half an hour. Thus, you will dry all the liquid, and the stain will disappear.
But then polish the spot where the stain was with olive oil.
Removing stains from wood with oil-based products
Also, the stain can be removed while using oil-based products. It can be anything from Vaseline to mayonnaise. Just apply this product on the stain and leave it overnight.
Removing stains from wood using baking soda
Well, the last method is a simple baking soda. You can mix soda with toothpaste 1 to 1. Apply it to a stain. Rub with a finger and then remove with a damp cloth. And you can mix soda with water 2 to 1 and use a napkin to apply it to the stain.
Be careful with mahogany furniture.
To remove white heat spots from the wooden table or furniture from this material, as well as alder, eucalyptus, yew, cherry, use only refined vegetable oil.
This is necessary, so the cleaned place does not become blurry.
Now you know How to Remove Heat Stain From Wood but we have some extra info for you:
What to use
- Denatured alcohol (small amount)
- Liquid for polishing furniture
- Half a glass of ammonia and water mixed
- Baking soda or salt mixed with water
- Vinegar and olive oil
- Baking soda and toothpaste (not gel)
- Before starting to remove the stain, you should first check the product in an inconspicuous area.
- It can happen that the stain penetrates very deep into the wood. In this case, remove the varnish layer, remove the stain, and then re-coat the product with varnish.
- Be sure to ventilate the area during stain removal.
- Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves when handling chemicals.
Frequently Asked Questions
We all know this moment when someone put a hot cup of coffee on the table and leaves a white mark on it. Is the table ruined now completely? No! And we can tell you how to fight those heat marks on some other surfaces, too.
How to Remove Heat Stain From Wood Table?
If you happened to set a heat mark on your wooden table, don’t get upset. Check out several tips on how you can remove it. And remember to act quickly!
- Make a mix of equal parts of toothpaste and baking soda, and rub it into the damaged area. Don’t use gel toothpaste for that!
- Prepare a mixture of olive oil and salt, apply it to the mark and let it stay there for about an hour. Then wipe it off.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and olive oil, and rub into the white mark.
- Take some vaseline or any other petroleum jelly and rub it into the mark. Leave for the night. In the morning, wipe it off.
How to Remove Heat Stain From Quartz?
Quarts surfaces are heat-resistant but not heat-proof. In order to avoid heat marks or even cracks, never place any hot or heat-generating items on them.
If you still managed to set a heat stain, make a paste of baking soda and water and rub it with a soft clean cloth.
How to Remove Heat Stain From Wood Table With Iron?
One more method of healing your wooden furniture from heat marks is iron.
If you set a heat mark, wash the surface and dry it properly. Take a thin cotton towel and put it over the mark.
Set your iron on high dry heat and set it on the towel right over the heat stain. Turn the steam on.
Wipe away the moisture and the rests of water.
How to Remove Heat Stain From Stainless Steel?
When the time comes for those white stains to appear on your stainless steel supplies, don’t hurry to get rid of them.
Wash your item with a soft cloth damped with dish soap and water mixture.
Dry it with a towel.
Immerse a clean cloth into vinegar and start rubbing the stained surface.
If the stains are gone, rub some olive oil into the cleaned area and remove its remains.
If the stains are still there, apply some club-soda to the clean cloth and rub the marks energetically till they are gone.
How to Remove Heat Stain From Marble?
To heal your marble surfaces from small heat stains, mix ammonia and water using 50/50 proportion. Pour a small amount of the mixture over the mark and leave for five minutes. Take a soft scrub brush and remove the stain avoiding to rub too hard.