Never gets any easier, does it?
We have a table, we have a guest, and there are often spilled coffee or tea on a wooden table. There are prints from mugs or glasses.
How to remove heat stain from wood? What can you do to get rid of them?
We have Top methods for you
Removing stains from wood with an iron
Usually, if you spill something hot on a wooden table, a white spot will appear in this place. This is because of temperature exposure. It is not the wood itself that is damaged, but only the polish.
To remove such a kind a heat stain, take a gauze, towel or a t-shirt.
Drain all liquid from the iron. Turn it on to the lowest temperature and iron the spot through the fabric.
Removing stains from wood with toothpaste
You can try to remove the stain with a toothpaste. But you have to use the ordinary toothpaste, not a gel.
Squeeze a little bit of toothpaste on your finger and apply it to the stain. After that, simply wipe the table with a damp cloth. Repeat if it will be necessary.
Removing wood stains with a hairdryer
You can remove the stain with a simple hairdryer. Turn on the hairdryer at full power and direct it at the spot. Keep the hairdryer over the spot for a half an hour. Thus, you will dry all the liquid, and the stain will disappear.
But then polish the spot where the stain was with olive oil.
Removing stains from wood with oil-based products
Also, the stain can be removed while using oil-based products. It can be anything from Vaseline to mayonnaise. Just apply this product on the stain and leave it overnight.
Removing stains from wood using baking soda
Well, the last method is a simple baking soda. You can mix soda with toothpaste 1 to 1. Apply it to a stain. Rub with a finger and then remove with a damp cloth. And you can mix soda with water 2 to 1 and use a napkin to apply it to the stain.
Be careful with mahogany furniture.
To remove white heat spots from the wooden table or furniture from this material, as well as alder, eucalyptus, yew, cherry, use only refined vegetable oil.
This is necessary, so the cleaned place does not become blurry.
Now you know How to Remove Heat Stain From Wood but we have some extra info for you:
What to use
- Denatured alcohol (small amount)
- Liquid for polishing furniture
- Half a glass of ammonia and water mixed
- Baking soda or salt mixed with water
- Vinegar and olive oil
- Baking soda and toothpaste (not gel)
- Before starting to remove the stain, you should first check the product in an inconspicuous area.
- It can happen that the stain penetrates very deep into the wood. In this case, remove the varnish layer, remove the stain, and then re-coat the product with varnish.
- Be sure to ventilate the area during stain removal.
- Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves when handling chemicals.