Let’s consider this: we all love baby oil for its nice smell and soft texture (well, ok, maybe not all of us, but pretty many people). But, the second this odorous substance gets to our apparel, we are not that happy anymore!
Want to know how to remove baby oil from any of your garments? Keep on reading and enjoy it!
What You Need to Know About Baby Oil
Baby oil seems to be absolutely harmless, and in some way, it is really so. However, this substance is not that friendly to our apparel and other fabrics we may have at home. Does baby oil stain clothes? Unfortunately, yes, it does.
As comes from its name, baby oil is an…oil, which means that it contains mineral oils and a fragrance. Even though this is not the most harmful liquid that exists in a household, getting baby oil out of clothes is still quite a complicated task.
Because of its oily structure, it is not so easy to get out of any kind of fabric by simply washing it. To succeed, more serious methods are required.
So how to get baby oil out of clothing? To get baby oil out of clothing, spread some corn, scratch to absorb the rest of the oil, and leave it for 1-2 hours. Wipe away the starch, pour dishwashing liquid onto the oily mark and rub it. Leave for 1 hour, wash the blotted area with water, dry apparel as usual.
Brief Instruction On How to Remove Baby Oil From Clothing Fast
The good news is that for treating the baby oil blot no expensive of specific ingredients are required. Everything that has to be used can be easily found at home.
To remove baby oil stains, you follow the next instruction:
- Put the oiled apparel on a table or any other flat surface
- Spread on some corn starch to absorb the rests of oil from the surface of the fabric
- Let the apparel for a quarter of an hour
- Take a sponge or a soft brush and wipe away the starch
- Pour some dishwashing liquid right onto the oily mark and rub it into the fabric. A damp sponge will be the best for this
- Again, let it for a while
- Wash the blotted area with warm running water making sure that all the washing product is washed away
- Pour some dish cleaning liquid on the oily mark again, put the apparel into the washing machine and add a bit of laundry detergent
- Dry the apparel as you usually do it
If after this procedure you notice any traces of oil, repeat the whole process from the very beginning.
Well, does baby oil stain clothes? Yes, Baby oil stains clothes, you can get it out of clothing using dish soap and water. Add 2-3 drops of dishwashing soap on the spot, wait for 10 minutes, rinse and wash the apparel at the highest allowed temperature to get rid of baby oil stains on clothes.
And how to remove baby oil from clothing? To remove baby oil from clothing, spread corn to absorb the oil, leave it for 1-2 hours. Use a soft brush to wipe away the oil. Add dishwashing liquid to the oily mark, rub it, leave it for 1 hour. Wash apparel with running water to remove oil from clothing.
How to Destroy Baby Oil Stains On Carpets or Furniture?
It’s not only baby clothing that baby oil can mark with stains. Does baby oil stain carpets of cushioned furniture? Unfortunately, yes.
Don’t panic, it’s easy to handle!
- For treating a piece of cushioned furniture, put some absorbing product on the oily and odorous mark. You may choose between soda, corn starch or any other substance that has the high absorbing ability
- Leave it for a quarter of an hour, and then vacuum
- Put some solvent for dry-cleaning onto the mark until the product is absorbed fully
- Repeat it until the oily mark is gone
If a carpet was marked with an oily blot,
- try to remove extra oil from its surface
- Apply soda or corn starch as it’s described above
- Vacuum meticulously
- Repeat the same procedure as the one for cleaning cushioned furniture
- In case the oily mark is still visible, make a mixture of white vinegar and a liquid for washing dishes (one tablespoon of each is enough) and 400 milligrams of warm water. Moisture the mark with this mixture thoroughly
- Moisture with cold water and blot out until it’s dry
What If Baby Oil Was Spilled to the Bed Sheets?
Does baby oil stain sheets? Yes, it does! The only difference between minding baby oiled sheets and other things is that the sheets have a larger size. As for the rest of the actions, they are pretty much the same:
- To take out the most of oily components, pour a bit of any degreasing liquid onto the oily mark. Don’t be afraid to cover a bit of extra territory, it will not harm
- If the mark is small, scrub it with a toothbrush. In case it’s big, use an ordinary cleaning brush
- Let the mark stay like that for a couple of minutes
- Rinse the oiled mark (it’s better to do it in a sink)
- If necessary, repeat the whole process again
- Finally, give those sheets a wash at the highest temperature acceptable
- If the freshly washed sheets still have the oily mark, redo everything from the very start
- If you washed them successfully, dry them as you usually do
Well does baby oil stain sheets? Baby oil stains sheets, to take it out, pour any degreasing liquid onto the oily mark. Scrub the spot with a toothbrush or cleaning brush, let it stay for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and wash at the highest temperature acceptable baby oil stain sheets.
Where Else Can Baby Oil Get To?
The most obvious places where we can find baby-oiled marks are bed sheets, towels, cushioned furniture and apparel, ours or the ones of our baby. Nevertheless, one can never know at what place this odorous substance can be found in the household.
Here we will explain to you how to remove those marks from hair and wooden floor.
- If there is some baby oil on your hair, take some baby powder and spread it over the oiled area. Massage the powder to the very scalp
- Prepare a washing mixture for your hair. Take one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and the same amount of a normal shampoo
- Wet your hair and spread this mixture over it
- Leave it for several minutes and then wash away
In case you have very long hair, you may need to repeat the whole procedure twice or even more than two times.
What if your baby has made an oiled trace on a freshly-polished wooden floor? May look terrible, but our fancy parquet can still be renovated!
- If the oily trace is fresh, just spread a lot of cornstarch or baby powder on it to soak the oils. After half an hour, the oily marks will vanish
- What if you noticed these marks too late? No worries! Mix some water with two tablespoons of white vinegar and any dishwashing liquid. Immerse a sponge into this mixture and moisture the oiled marks. Scrub them gently, and dry with a clean towel or napkin afterward. If needed, repeat this method several times.
And how to get baby oil out of jeans? To get baby oil out of jeans, apply 2-3 drops of dish soap onto the clothing, leave it for 5 minutes, rinse the oily area, wash jeans with the hottest allowed water to get baby oil out of jeans, and remove the stains.