Lipstick stains on the close – every time we have them at our garments.
Not all women know how to remove lipstick from clothing, so there is not a single trace left, and a beloved blouse has not lost its former beauty. There are those who do not even try to find out in what way lipstick can be removed from garments, and either throw away a thing or live it in the dark corner of the wardrobe.
Don’t do it, we because it has long been known how to get paraffin out of clothes quickly and effectively.
Just read this guide and give your favorite cloth a second life.
- When you are trying to remove lipstick stains from the apparel, it is necessary to move gentle and slow from the edges of the spot to its center.
- Before you start the cleaning process, prepare a few padding swabs and a sponge. Do not try to remove the stain with rough objects – you smear the stain, and you can ruin the clothes.
- If the lipstick stain is large, it is necessary to clean it from the other side.
- This must be done in order to prevent the absorption of the oily base of the lipstick into the very depths of the fabric.
Ways to remove carmine lipstick from garments?
Before you start to remove carmine lipstick from white or color apparels, carefully read the tag on the garments.
If the label says that the garments are in need of only dry cleaning, you will have to refuse to wash things.
How to get lip rouge stains from clothing?
Before starting your cleaning process, you have to check the effect on the small part of the fabric.
If all is well, you can, then you can go forward.
And now, it’s time to move on to the most exciting part – to figure out how to remove lipstick from white or colored garments.
Best proven folk approaches for lipstick removal
There are a large number of effective folk methods that can help.
Check out the list of recipes and choose the one you can handle:
With it you can succsesfully remove as oily stains on ordinary fabric and also can cope with silk and synthetics.
You need to moisten a cotton sponge, and then gently wipe the stain from the edges to the center until it disappears.
How to remove carmine lip rouge from garments if there is no medical spirit at hand?
You can use its good alternative – ammonia. You can find this tool in a pharmacy at a very good price.
The method of application is similar to the instructions for medical spirit already described above.
You probably noticed that in the question of how do you get wax from lipstick from apparels, a variety of alcohols help. The fact is that lip rouge is made on an oily basis, and nothing can cope with wax better than alcohol.
It is enough to dab the stain from the lipstick with a cloth dampened with methanol, and then put the garments to the laundry device with good washing powder.
In the question of how to get melted lipstick from apparels, hydrogen peroxide is a clear leader.
Take equal parts of water and peroxide, and then clean out the stains. To remove lip rouge from pure white things, you can use a concentrate of this product. You should use peroxide carefully because the too long exposure can damage the fabric.
Two points should be noted right away – only refined gasoline can be used (fuel from a gas station will not work), and you cannot use it with synthetics.
How to remove lipstick stain with gasoline?
- It is necessary to dilute two parts of gasoline in one part of water, and then gently rub it into the stain.
- You should wait a few minutes, and then put the cloth to the washing machine.
Soda with lemon
How to remove lipstick stains from clothing after drying? A mixture of lemon juice and soda is the best assistant in this matter.
These two components must be mixed. It must be smeared the dried stain of the lipstick, then wait 15-20 minutes, remove residues, and wash the apparel.
However, these are the most effective methods that should be used first. If it did not work for the first time, do not despair and repeat again!
How to remove lipstick stains using household chemicals?
In this matter, not only folk remedies can help, but also special detergents.
In many cases, it is recommended to use them, since they are created just for such purposes.
Here is the list:
This is a great way to get stains out of white garments after drying.
It is useful to buy products with oxygen content and a lack of chloride part. The fact is that chlorine bleach can dye fabrics in an unpleasant yellow or greenish tint.
The detergent must be used according to the instructions.
Also, do not keep bleach on the fabric for too long – in this case, a stain from lipstick will not be the only problem that you will have to face.
RELATED : How Long Can You Keep Household Detergents — Before It Become Dangerous
It can help with a variety of fabrics, including cotton and silk.
Before using the product, soak the item. The use of stain remover should be carried out according to the instructions given on the package with the product.
Now you can confidently say that you know how to remove lipstick from a blouse and other clothing of any color.
Try to take care of your garments – preventing problems is easier than cleaning.
If trouble happens, you know how to deal with it.
How to Deal With Lipstick Marks On Washed Garments
Removing lipstick traces from garments is not an easy task even if you managed to notice them right then. Since this make-up appliance is made with the use of oil, and it is often brightly colored, deleting such a mark can take you pretty much time and effort before the apparel returns its initial appearance.
But what if the mark has already set, for instance, if you saw it after the apparel was laundered and even went to the dryer?
Well, in this case, a stain removal process will be much tougher since the heat from both wash and dryer will make the blot set firmly. Nevertheless, there is no need to worry: a solution still exists, however, you might need to repeat the stain removal several times until the final effect.
Besides, degreasing cleaning agents will be needed since this make-up item is based on oil and ordinary soap will be of no use here.
For removing the lipstick mark from the apparel that already went through the laundry and dryer, you can make use of one of the several simple remedies.
- Prepare a new cloth, apply some rubbing alcohol on it (this liquid fights oil effectively), and dap the dry mark for 60 sec or so. Try not to rub, otherwise, you will get the lip rouge only deeper into the fibers.
- Another option for removing a dry lip rouge mark is to pulverize a strong-hold hairspray right onto it and leave it for a quarter of an hour. Then dab the mark with a cloth dampened in water.
- As a dry lip rouge stain removal remedy, try out mineral spirits or an ordinary nail polish remover. They will successfully fight the oil, especially if you scrub the liquid with a toothbrush (remember to throw it away after using it with acetone!). After you’re done, treat the area with isopropyl spirit and dry by blotting.
- Another variant is to go for a diluted dishwashing soap since it is good on dry and oily marks.
- Petroleum jelly can also be handy for dealing with old or dry lipstick marks when worked into the damaged piece of cloth.
- Instead of soap, try liquid glycerine. When it is rubbed into the lipstick mark and left for half an hour (or more, if the mark is very stubborn), the significant effect will be seen pretty fast.
No matter which of these means you will decide to use, ensure the apparel is thoroughly flushed after the cleansing procedure! If nothing helps, call to the dry cleaner’s – they know for sure how to deal with such stubborn marks!
And remember: before putting clothing to the laundry or a dryer barrel, check them carefully for any traces of lipstick in particular. Both heats from the water or from the dryer will make the oily stain sit firmer.