A broken nail is always a huge upset.
Urgent salon visit? Or cut out all other nails? Do not rush!
We talked with a manicurist and learned how to quickly solve this problem at home.
Spoiler: an ordinary tea bag will help!
Who would have even thought that a broken nail could be repaired with … a tea bag!
It sounds incredible, but this is true.
The fact is that the tea bag is made of thin fibrous paper, which in its composition is similar to a special silk coating used by nail masters to repair nails.
Of course, this is not a panacea, but this way you can save the nail until your next visit to the salon.
You will need
- nail polish remover (a special gel remover if you wear a “long-playing” manicure),
- medical glue or glue for nails,
- buff for polishing nails and,
- a tea bag
The instruction is simple
1. Remove the varnish from the damaged nail and clean the nail surface of the nail with a cleanser (an antibacterial hand gel is quite suitable);
2. Sand the damaged area with buff and clean the surface of the nail again;
3. Cut a small square piece from the tea bag so that it completely covers the crack;
4. Apply a little medical or special nail glue to and around the crack. Use a transparent nail base. Of course, it is less persistent, but it’ll definitely save your nail;
5. Squeeze a piece of tea bag properly to the fingernail with your finger or tweezers so that there are no air bubbles between them;
6. Apply a little more glue or base on top and let it soak;
7. When the glue dries, again sand the surface of the nail with a buff to smooth finish;
8. Apply 2 layers of nail polish on top. Apply 2 layers of high-quality nail polish on top, you can choose some unusual colors depending on your current mood.