Apple cider vinegar has won its place in our kitchens. This sort of foodstuff is truly multipurpose and of course, like any foodstuff, it has a certain period of durability.
Does apple cider vinegar expire? How long is apple cider good for? Today these secrets will be revealed!
This sort of vinegar is produced from the fermented apple juice. We are accustomed that this foodstuff is mostly used in culinary (for instance, as a dressing, for marinades, and in chutney making).
However, this product possesses various healthy qualities and it is widely used in medicine for glucose management and lipid disorders!
Except for this, it possesses plenty of use for our health.
- It’s rich in amino acids, antioxidants, and potassium
- This sort of foodstuff is a perfect bacteria killer
- Lowers blood sugar and, respectively, manages diabetes
- When taken daily in the pure state, this product helps us to lose weight
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
- Helpful for the dry skin
Despite such impressive characteristics, one must be careful since an excess of acidic products may be harmful to our health.
The safest way to intake this product is to include it to our cooking. For intaking it pure, follow the advised dosage of 1-2 tbsp per day for adults carefully.
Shelf Life And Storage
Of course, any product has its term of durability and apple vinegar is not an exception. The shelf life of apple cider vinegar is quite long since this product can remain usable for nearly twenty-four months after it was purchased.
During this period, it will keep its best quality but in fact, apple vinegar may stay durable even longer if stored correctly.
Of course, apple cider vinegar will expire if we don’t follow the storage instructions and fail with procuring the product with the optimal storage conditions.
How long does apple cider vinegar last after the best-by date? Well, normally, it will remain consumable for a year or two since its quality won’t fade.
At that point, people often wonder: can you use expired apple cider vinegar? For sure, it’s OK to use since this product doesn’t tend to spoil with time.
As for storage, it belongs to the easy-to-keep products!
Just follow the basic storage requirements to keep it useful to its longest:
- Screw on the cap firmly to protect the content from bacteria
- Keep the vinegar bottle away from the direct sunlight
- Store it in a cool place. Shelves over the stove or a spot near the warm side of the fridge won’t be fine
- Always store it undiluted since it’s so durable due to the high level of acidity. The diluted product will most likely spoil
And of course, monitoring the liquid for quality is a must. Check it now and then to notice any changes in its appearance that may tell you something is going wrong. It will allow extending the apple cider shelf life to its longest.
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Go Bad?
And now we’ve approached a very important issue. Can apple cider go bad?
According to the apple cider vinegar shelf life specifics, it would be reasonable to assume that it won’t spoil by no means.
However, a certain risk of spoilage does exist and the reason is improper storage.
How to tell if apple cider vinegar is bad? Pay attention to its color and smell as the major symptoms.
Note the following:
- Bad apple cider vinegar has rust-like sediment on the bottom of the tank
- Significantly weird taste or odor are also the indicators of the spoilage
Discard the liquid that has those symptoms instantly.
However, pay attention that old apple cider vinegar tends to alter color and taste with time which is absolutely normal. So a cloudy apple cider vinegar is secure to use as usual.
Consumers also often ask: does organic apple cider vinegar go bad?
Like other kinds of this product, organic one is the same durable and will manage to remain like that for months without changes.
Will Expired Product Make Us Sick?
Apple cider vinegar expiration is not something that comes soon since this product is so durable.
Even though apple cider vinegar passed the expiration date, it won’t guarantee that it is harmful.
Just test the expired apple cider vinegar, sniff, and give it a taste. If it tastes and smells OK, use it even though it turned slightly cloudy. That’s normal for the old product.
But consuming spoiled vinegar may indeed end up in food poisoning so be careful.
How to Store Apple Cider Vinegar?
To prevent any unpleasant aftermath for yourself, double-check the liquid is stored correctly.
- It must be placed in a dry and hidden from the sun place
- The bottle must be tightly screwed up
- No heat must be situated close to where the bottle is kept
- If the product is diluted, remove it to the fridge
Does apple cider vinegar go bad after opening, a question may occur? No, it won’t become bad only because the tank was unsealed. Just make sure it’s screwed up tight again and keep it properly.
Not so complicated, but these rules will keep the product usable and safe longer.
Ways Of Using Apple Vinegar You Didn’t Know
We know that this product is widely used for cooking, however, plenty of additional areas of appliance can be found for this acidic liquid!
- It’s good for preparing foodstuff preservatives
- It’s a great choice for conservations
- It works as a natural deodorizer
- Consider it to be an all-purpose cleaner
- It works as a remedy for the sore throat
- It traps fruit flies
- Since it’s antibacterial, make use of it for washing fruits and veggies
- It can be applied for hair rinsing since it makes our chevelure stringer and shinier
- To delete the unwanted weeds in the garden, pulverize them with a pure apple vinegar
- Clean toothbrushes with it to sanitize them
- It even works as a dish cleaner!
We would advise everyone to have a bottle of this product at home since it’s easy to store and it’s true super stuff to have at home!