To accentuate your eyelashes and make your eyes more attractive and captivating, wearing mascara is the best solution. But since mascara needs regular application and removal, ladies often search for easier methods that can be done once and for all. Lash lift is one of them. This is a low-maintenance adjustment that curls your lashes to match your facial features.
It is a very beautiful, convenient, and durable way of enhancing your lashes’ natural beauty, but here is the common question that appears: can I wear a lash lift with mascara?
From this article, you will learn what happens if you wear mascara after a lash lift. Also, we will explain how to remove mascara safely after you have made a lash lift.
Moreover, you will learn how to take care of your lashes after this procedure and what alternative methods of lash enhancing can be used.
Can You Put Mascara On Lash Lift?
So here is the major question: can you still use mascara after a lash lift? The good news is that you can wear mascara with a lash lift. However, there are certain nuances you need to keep in mind. For example, the type of mascara you apply is essential, as well as the way you care for your lashes.
For instance, you should keep in mind that, during the first 24 hours after a lash lift procedure, it is crucial to ensure their longevity. To achieve this, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- Don’t wet your eyes with water for the first 24 hours after a lash lift procedure
- Avoid itching or scratching your eyelids!
- Do your best to avoid sleeping on your face!
As we have already said, the type of mascara matters and it’s one of the crucial factors that ensure your lash lift longevity. Professional lash makers recommend their clients not to use mascara after a lash lift at all.
And in fact, it makes sense since the procedure is supposed to make your lashes look like they have mascara all the time!
But if you still choose to wear mascara, make sure you use a water-based one! Avoid using waterproof mascara since it is more difficult to remove. If you try to remove it from your lashes after the lifting procedure, you can easily ruin the effect!
So basically, there are no difficult rules or strict regulations or restrictions regarding lash lifts and using mascara. Just ensure you use the correct mascara type and let your lashes rest for a while after the procedure is done.
Caring for Your Lashes After Lash Lift. Tips and Life Hacks
Like any treatment, a lash lift can last longer through careful aftercare. Luckily, this kind of treatment requires pretty little maintenance. There is no need to buy any products or make additional procedures to make your treated lashes look awesome longer.
You just have to take care of them properly. The curl can last up to six to eight weeks if you provide your lashes with proper aftercare. So we recommend you consider the following care recommendations:
- After the first 24 hours, condition your lashes daily.
- A lash lift is a chemical procedure that can dry your lashes. Use castor oil or a lash conditioner starting the next day after the procedure to maintain them strong.
- Avoid saunas and steam rooms.
- Don’t get your lashes wet.
- Don’t rub your lashes!
- Don’t apply harsh products around your eyes and lashes
- Try to wear less makeup, particularly around your eyelashes
- Avoid swimming underwater both in the sea and in a pool
Also, ladies often forget about one more essential care tip. Remember to brush out your lashes after the lifting procedure! This will help you keep them from getting tangled. Besides, brushing will also enhance the fluffiness.
For brushing, you can use dry mascara wands. Just ensure the wand you use is clean and has no mascara particles on it!
How to Wear Mascara With Lash Lift?
As you already know, it is possible to wear mascara even if you have lifted your lashes. However, girls often feel uncertain about how to do it correctly to not ruin the effect after the lifting. If you have lifted lashes and still want to wear mascara, you must be careful with some factors.
- Make sure not to use waterproof mascara. If you really need a water-repelling effect, you better stick to water-resistant mascara.
- For wearing daily, use regular mascara or clear mascara, which will work fine.
- Try to use mascara rarely, only for very special events and situations, so you can keep your lift lash longer!
- Make sure to clean your mascara off the lashes the right way
- While washing your lashes, use some extra care as with time, rubbing may lead to wearing off the beautiful lash curls!
- With these simple tips, you will be able to enjoy your lash lift much longer and wear mascara if you need to enhance your lashes even more.
How Do You Remove Mascara Off Lifted Lashes Correctly?
Since lifted lashes are rather delicate, you should clean them carefully to not damage the effect after the procedure. Luckily, removing mascara from lifted lashes is more or less the same as the process used for cleaning eyelash extensions.
First of all, remember the rule of thumb: avoid rubbing your eyes. Be very gentle and do the following with clean hands:
- Dip a cotton swab into an oil-free makeup remover.
- Gently apply the product on your lashes, moving from the lash line all the way to the lash tip.
- Repeat this process a few times until your lashes are covered with the remover.
- Wet a clean cotton swab and take the excess makeup remover off.
- Repeat this process until you take as much mascara as possible.
- With a lash wand, apply a lash shampoo and comb it from the lash line towards the lash tip.
- Wash the wand and the excess shampoo off.
- In case there is still excess residue, cleanse your lashes once again by applying lash soap with your fingertips.
- Comb your lashes with a clean dry lash brush wand and apply a lash serum.
Alternative Ways to Make Your Lashes Fabulous Without Mascara
Wearing mascara helps girls to make their lashes fabulous easily. However, not every girl can use it! Some people have allergies to mascara, and others may just not enjoy applying and removing it all the time.
For you ladies, we have a piece of good news: for your everyday routine, you can quickly add your lashes a fab vibe and make them pop with some alternative options that won’t harm you at all.
Opt for Latisse
For those who hear this word for the first time, Latisse is a treatment that enhances lash growth and thickness. It also makes your lashes more intense and revives their pigmentation.
The only downside to this method is that it is pretty lengthy. Even though you should see results right at the beginning of the Latisse treatment, you will notice greater results after waiting for around two months.
Also, you should apply the product on your lash baseline every day. Using Latisse treatment means that you need to make sure you are not wearing lenses. Also, your eyes should be entirely cleansed after the application. So if you are not ready for the daily care routine, this might not be the best option for you.
Use Lash Serums
Using a lash serum is your way to boost the appearance of your eyelashes if you are craving faster results! They look great the moment you apply them to your lashes. Besides, the application method is super simple: you just need to apply the serum on your lashes and comb them thoroughly to distribute the product.
You can use serums both for short-term and long-term treatment. In the long term, they will help your lashes to get thicker and gain more strength. There is only one nuance to keep in mind: make sure the serum you are using is well recommended.
Opt for Lash Tinting as an Alternative Method
The great thing about lash tinting is that it can be applied during the same lash lift session. It’s just your lash maker should apply it at the end of the procedure.
This option will be very useful for those with pale lashes because tinting will make your eyes pop and look gorgeous with a pronounced accent on your eyes!
However, you should be really careful when using lash tinting because the products used for this procedure can irritate your eyes! So you might want to search for salons that use a material made out of vegetables that can be less irritating.
Opt For an Aloe Vera Gel
To make your lashes glossy and provide them with treatment and care at the same time, you can use aloe vera gel as an alternative to lash lifting. This gel will also protect your lashes, as aloe vera is antibacterial and antifungal, being able to combat infections and even prevent/reduce lash loss.
Well, now you know that you can wear mascara even if you have lifted your lashes. However, you will now be able to use mascara correctly as we have explained what types of it should be avoided on lifted lashes.
Also, now you know what alternative options exist that can be used instead of lash lifting. These tips will be handy if you are allergic to regular mascara or you just don’t feel like wasting time on its application and removal.
You should wait for 24 hours before you can apply mascara. But it’s best to wait a bit more. It is the process of curling your eyelashes, leaving them longer. The process will enhance your natural lashes. After completing your lash lift session, you should wait at least 42 hours to use mascara and eye makeup.
Frequently Asked Questions
⭐How long after a lash lift can I wear mascara?
⭐What is a lash lift?
⭐When can I start using mascara after having my lash lifted?
You should wait for 24 hours before you can apply mascara. But it’s best to wait a bit more.
It is the process of curling your eyelashes, leaving them longer. The process will enhance your natural lashes.
After completing your lash lift session, you should wait at least 42 hours to use mascara and eye makeup.