Many of us have problems with styling our hair because the locks are too frizzy, oily, or on the contrary unmanageable! Either way, you will want to make your hair easier to deal with. But how this could be done?
No matter whether you want to change your hair growth direction or you just want to make it more manageable, you will have to train it anyway. But since training your hair requires regular routine, we are here to help you out and teach you a few useful life hacks.
Can you train your hair?
Yes, you can! And today you will learn how to do this.
We will tell you more about changing hair direction using a few methods depending on your hair type. With the help of this information, you will be able to make your daily hair styling much easier.
Also, you will learn a few tips on how to train your hair to go a certain way – for example, if you want it to part differently.
How to Change the Direction Of Your Hair Growth?
If you want to learn how to train your hair, the very first thing you should keep in mind is that you will have to spend some time and effort in order to achieve the desired results.
Your hair won’t just change the direction of its growth after one or two attempts! You will need to change your styling routine and follow the new scheme for a while. Like this, your hair will get used to the new method of styling.
So, if your goal is to change your hair growth direction on your head, you can opt for one of the following methods depending on what hairstyle you want to get in the end.
At this point, we would like to note that these “how to train your hair” tips are more suitable for men or for ladies who have short hair. However, further in the article, you will find information that will be useful for ladies with long locks as well!
How to Train Your Hair to Part Differently?
To learn how to train your hair part in a distinct manner, you can use different approaches and methods.
For example, if your hair is very difficult to keep in one place and it is often in a state of one strand, you can use a face towel to handle it. This method may seem very simple and even weird to some of you, but it really work! Especially for stubborn hair.
What exactly shall you do?
Simply wrap a face towel around your head so that the hairline is fixed. Like that, your hair will be styled the way you want it.
Of course, the towel you use must be clean and dry! You can do this each time you take a shower. Like that, your hair will be easier to manage while it is still wet and more flexible.
How to Make Your Hair Part With a Cap?
If you are a man or a woman with very short hair, and you need to keep your chevelure in place, you can use a cap instead of a face towel. This is a more convenient option since you can wear a cap anywhere, whilst a towel can be used indoors only when you are at home.
The scheme is extremely simple! To put your hair in place, stroke it in the desired direction and use a cap to fix that hairline! It doesn’t matter whether a cap you use is new or old. It just should sit on your head tight enough.
How to Make Your Hair Stand Up With No Glue?
If you want your hair to stand up in a cool and daring way but don’t want to use hair glue, opt for a hair dryer instead! When you have just washed your hair, wait a bit until it is dry. The hair should not be absolutely dry though! Just a bit wet and still flexible to style it.
When your hair is of the required condition, comb it into the style you want. Then, using a hair dryer, dry your mane. At this point, you must be careful to not touch your hair! Also, you should not comb it again! If you do it, you will ruin the style you’ve created.
Make Use Of a Lemon!
This piece of advice is going to surprise you but in fact, fresh lemons can work miracles when used on your hair! See, the idea is the following: to make your hair stay in a desired direction, you should use a fresh lemon each time after you wash your mane.
- Wash your hair as you usually do it using your regular shampoo and/or conditioner
- Wait until the mane is half-dry
- Take a fresh lemon, cut it in two parts
- Style your hair as you want it
- Using the lemon you have cut, rub it on your hair
See, the juice of a fresh lemon will work the same way your styling products do. However, unlike those chemical products, this natural method won’t cause any harm to your chevelure.
Tips For Creating a Slicked Back Hairstyle
For this purpose, you can either use a styling wax or a styling gel. Should you opt for waxing, do the following:
- Wash your hair with the regular shampoo you use
- Wait until your hair is almost dry
- Take a little wax in your palm
- Rub your hands together to make the wax thinner and get an even texture
- Apply the wax to your hair styling it the way you want
- Using a hair dryer, dry your mane and keep on smoothing it into the desired style
In case you decide to make use of a styling hair gel, you won’t need any preparations! You simply need to wash your hair, wait until it dries and apply the product according to the instruction written on the can.
Usually, you just need to take some gel and apply it to your hair, styling it the way you want. The gel is very soft and easy to use, so the whole procedure will take you a couple of minutes!
Like this, now you know how exactly you could style your hair the way you want it to be using either natural methods like fresh lemon juice or considering styling products like gels and waxes.
And now let’s see what can be done if you have long hair since the tips provided above are more suitable for men and for the female owners of very short haircuts.
How to Style Your Hair If It Is Long?
Ladies often have problems with styling their manes because long hair is often unmanageable.
Besides, frizziness and oiliness are always there as well! But all these nuances don’t make styling easier. Luckily, you can use one of the simple methods that will help you handle your mane.
Manage Your Oily Or Greasy Locks
This type of hair is one of the hardest ones to style! The oily residue prevents the locks from being flexible and manageable which is why you have to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, trying to do something to it.
Fortunately, this can be solved quite easily:
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo 1-2 times a week. Clarifying shampoos are best for nourishing oily hair and getting rid of any buildup
- Massage conditioner into the ends of your hair daily
- Apply dry shampoo to your hair on days when you don’t shampoo it. Dry shampoo will freshen your hair without shampooing it
- Brush your hair twice a day, after you wake up and before you go to bed, with a bristle brush. It will spread its natural oils and nourish your hair
- Use an apple cider vinegar rinse on your hair 1-2 times per week
- Avoid touching your hair too often. It will help you avoid transporting oils and dirt from your hands onto your hair, thus weighing it down
What If You Have Cowlicks?
For those of you who don’t know what cowlicks are, here is an explanation: a cowlick is a section of your hair that either stands straight up or lies at an odd angle.
Cowlick usually goes in the opposite direction with the style in which the rest of your hair is worn.
But what can you do to manage those wild things?
Here are a few handy tips for you:
- You can make it wet under running water, parting it down or to the side. Afterward, brush your hair with a fine-toothed comb
- You can also opt for a blow dryer. Simply hold it a few inches away from your hair and dry it completely, moving your mane in the direction you want it to go
- Finally, you can simply clip your stubborn cowlick flat to your head! It’s best to do this by using a clip or bobby pin after you wet and dry the stubborn section of your hair
A Few Tips For Frizzy Locks
Frizzy hair can be hard to manage and style because it’s totally unruly! But it only seems to you. In fact, we know a few tricks that will make your frizzy mane more obedient.
- Use co-washing. Twice a week, apply conditioner without using shampoo. This will not strip your hair of its natural oils, helping to weigh it down and prevent frizzing
- Shift for combing instead of brushing. When you brush your hair dry, it can cause breakage and damage your hair cuticles, worsening the existing frizz
- Undergo a weekly hot oil treatment to moisturize your hair
- Stop using blow dryers and other heated hair products (or reduce their use) since they only make the frizz worse
With these life hacks, you will be able to keep your long hair well-styled and tamed much easier, spending less time, effort, and hair products to keep the mane looking good.
So, now you know how you can manage your hair growth direction and also what methods can be helpful on the way to the desired hairstyle.
You learned how to correct the direction of your hair growth on your head with the use of homemade remedies like lemon juice and styling products as well. Also, you are now aware of a few useful tips on what to do if your long hair is oily or frizzy but you need to style it a certain way.
Hair can be trained to grow a certain way, but it’ll take some time and consistent manipulation. Place the card at the base of your hair up against your skin, and you'll see which direction the hair is growing in. If the hair is smooth or in line with the edge, that is the direction of growth. If the hair is spiked up, it is growing in the opposite direction. Yes, you can. But it will take some time and effort since hair needs time to get used to the new direction of growing.
Frequently Asked Questions
⭐Can you change the direction your hair growth?
⭐How do you know which way your hair grows?
⭐Can you train your hair to go back?
Hair can be trained to grow a certain way, but it’ll take some time and consistent manipulation.
Place the card at the base of your hair up against your skin, and you'll see which direction the hair is growing in. If the hair is smooth or in line with the edge, that is the direction of growth. If the hair is spiked up, it is growing in the opposite direction.
Yes, you can. But it will take some time and effort since hair needs time to get used to the new direction of growing.