Bagel bites are perfect as a quick snack when you have no time to order a pizza. These mini bagels topped with cheese, pepperoni, and pork are quite low-fat and nutritious enough to boost your energy during the day.
However, since bagels need to be stored in the freezer to retain their quality, many people often wonder how to cook them properly to keep them tasty and not to make these mini pizzas too dry. So today we will explain what steps to take to microwave your yummies correctly, and how much time they need to be cooked to come out of the microwave being perfectly heated.
Bagel Bites Microwave Instructions
Bagel Bites are considered a perfect snack since they are very easy to cook. You normally don’t even have to use your oven or a stovetop for that! Simply using a microwave will be more than enough. However, heating Bagel Bites in the oven is also possible if this is the method you prefer more.
But if you decide to heat them up in a microwave, you just need to follow a few very simple steps on the way to your delicious meal!
- Do not thaw Bagel Bites before microwaving them.
- Take Bagel Bites out of the freezer and open the carton box.
- Discard the plastic wrapper that covers the crisping tray.
- Place frozen Bagel Bites onto a microwave-safe plate with their toppings being up.
- Put the plate into the microwave and cook for two minutes and ten seconds on high heat mode.
- Allow Bagel Bites to rest for a minute to cool down a bit before you serve them.
You can, of course, heat your Bagel Bites up right in the crisping tray. This is a more convenient method in case you don’t have a microwave-safe plate in your disposal right now.
How Long to Cook Pizza Bagel Bites In a Microwave?
The cooking time of mini pizza bagel bites will hang upon how many of them are in the package. Also, the capacity level of your microwave matters since the appliance with the lower power rate will need to spend more time on cooking these mini pizzas than, for example, a 1100 Watts microwave.
But in general, a package that comes with eight bagel bites needs one minute and forty five seconds of heating to cook them properly. If you need to cook a package with twelve of them, expect to spend around two minutes and forty five seconds on the heating procedure. In both cases, you will have to cook your bagel bites on a high power setting. Also, do please note that for the best quality, they should be left for a minute or so to stand before you serve them and consume!
To make it clearer for you to understand how much time you should spend on cooking mini bagel bites in a microwave, check out the following comparative chart.
|Number Of Pieces||Cooking Time|
|4||55 sec - 75 sec|
|8 or 9||2 min and 10-30 sec|
|12||2 min and 15 sec up to 3 min|
This timing chart shows how long to cook frozen bagel bites in a microwave since these yummies must only be stored frozen. If you are wondering how to warm up the refrigerated bagels, there will be different instructions for this case.
With this information in mind, you will be able to approximately calculate how soon you can expect your bagel bites to be ready to eat, especially if you need to feed a bunch of super hungry kids, or if you are starving after a busy working day!
How to Reheat Refrigerated Bagel Bites?
Bagel bites mini pizzas are normally stored in a freezer since like this, they can retain their best quality and keep their texture undamaged much longer. And of course, if we need to cook them for consumption, we will have to place them into the oven right from the frosting camera without any previous thawing.
However, we are just humans and we tend to make mistakes. You may easily take out way too many bagels so that you will end up with several extras that you are not going to eat right now. What shall you do? Most of us will answer “refrigerate them”.
It is indeed a good option if your bagels will be consumed within a day or two. If you keep them longer, they will start losing their quality and taste! However, since such foods are only allowed to be reheated once because of the safety issues, you need to know how to do it correctly.
So in case you are going to warm up some refrigerated bagels, stick to the following instruction:
- Preheat your oven or a toaster oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for four to five minutes.
- Take bagels out of the fridge and draw them out of the packet they were kept in.
- Toast your bagels whole to get a crispy crust and soft interior.
This method is good for the bagels that were refrigerated for up to four days, but if your yummies have been kept longer or if they dried out due to improper storage, better discard them and buy fresh ones.
Extra Tips For Cooking Bagel Bites In a Microwave
Cooking or, moreover, reheating foods in a microwave may seem to be an extremely easy thing to do! However, even such an effortless procedure still requires certain knowledge to be able to cook your food properly and not turn it into a mess.
With bagel bites, things are just the same. If you want to cook them after they are taken out of the freezer, and you want to take them out of the microwave being still tasty and soft, you should better take a few handy tips into consideration:
- Make sure you cook them for the required period of time. Undercooked bagel bites may end up being soggy whilst overcooked mini pizzas will simply dry out.
- Cook your bagel bites until they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep your bagel bites frozen until you are ready to use them. If they start thawing prior to being cooked, it will make their taste and texture degrade significantly.
- To get softer bagels, remove the crisping tray from the box and remove the plastic wrapper. Place the tray shiny side up into the microwave oven, cook according to the instructions, and let them stay for one more minute before they can be served.
With that in mind, you will be able to cook bagel bites in any microwave easily.
How to Cook Bagel Bites In the Oven?
Not everyone enjoys using microwaves since many people are often concerned about the safety of these kitchen appliances quite a lot. So if you are one of them, using your oven is the only obvious way to cook bagel bites for you.
However, you need to keep in mind that, in this case, the cooking time and conditions will be slightly different from those that you would use when heating your mini pizzas in a microwave.
- Do not use a crisping tray when cooking bagels in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bagel bites on a baking sheet with a half an inch distance between each of them.
- As an alternative option, you can use a shallow pan instead of a baking tray.
- Cook mini pizzas on the upper middle rack for fourteen minutes.
- Let your bagels stand for one minute prior to serving them.
Except for the common standard oven, you can make use of a toaster oven for cooking your bagel bites, by the way. If you are going to opt for this alternative cooking method, do consider that it has its specific cooking instructions and rules that need to be followed precisely:
- Avoid using a crisping tray.
- Always preheat a toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook your bagel bites on a toaster oven tray for sixteen minutes.
- Allow them to sit in the oven for one minute before bagels will be consumed.
These recommendations will help you to cook mini bagel bites in any type of the oven properly resulting in thoroughly cooked, soft and tasty mini pizzas.
Storing Bagel Bites Right
Bagel bites are pretty easy to store. If you buy them in a supermarket and you are not going to eat them right now, better freeze them for retaining the quality and taste. But if bagels will be consumed within two to four days, you can keep them refrigerated either in their original package (if unopened) or in a plastic airtight bag or tank if you already unsealed the initial container.
Like this, these mini pizzas will last for up to four days in the fridge and way longer if kept in the frosting camera.
They are just empty calories in fact, so no, they are not quite healthy. Sprinkle the plate with your bagels with some water around the mini pizzas (don’t use too much!) and heat for 30 seconds. Yes, if improperly stored, they will decay.
Frequently Asked Questions
⭐ Are bagel bites healthy?
⭐ How to soften bagels in a microwave?
⭐ Do bagel bites spoil?
They are just empty calories in fact, so no, they are not quite healthy.
Sprinkle the plate with your bagels with some water around the mini pizzas (don’t use too much!) and heat for 30 seconds.
Yes, if improperly stored, they will decay.